Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center shares health information with community members and patients to assist with researching health conditions and nutrition services in the Kansas City, Missouri area.
- Family Doctor - Health information for the whole family. (Website address: http://www.familydoctor.org/)
- Women, Infants, and Children - Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a special supplemental nutrition program which provides services to pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to their 5th birthday based on nutritional risk and income eligibility. The primary services provided are health screening, risk assessment, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding promotion and referrals to health care. Supplemental food is provided at no cost to participants. (Website address: http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/index.php)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure of Greater Kansas City - Susan G. Komen for the Cure Greater Kansas City began with a Race for the Cure® event in 1994 organized by three women who relocated to Kansas City from Washington D.C. Today, the affiliate has grown to serve 17 counties in northeast Kansas and northwestern Missouri through education, grant making, and advocacy efforts. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stay in the Kansas City region and 25% are used to support research on a global level. To date, Komen Kansas City has invested nearly $9 millionin local community breast health programs and over $2.5 million to innovative research (Website address:www.komenkansascity.org)
- A Parent's Guide to Kids' Vaccines (information provided by FDA) (Website Address: http://www.everydayhealth.com/fda/parents-guide-to-kids-vaccines.aspx )
- EverydayHealth.com-Contains up to date information on a variety of health topics. (Website Address: http://www.everydayhealth.com/ )
- Medline Plus- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. (Website Address: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ )
- Where's the Salt-Discover how much salt is in your food and its effects on your health (Website Address: http://www.cdc.gov/salt/)
- Find us on Facebook for the latest information . https://www.facebook.com/SamuelU.RodgersHealthCenter
*Please see the Health Screenings and Fair sections of the website to learn where Samuel U. Rodgers is out in the community!